Sunday, November 1, 2009

Jump rope, jacks, push ups, squats

Hey hey hey,

So I was supposed to run today. But we were so busy for Halloween. We had a good day trick or treating with my 2 year old son. I didn't run, but tonight I did my jumping jack flash workout.
Here is what I did, 5 sets of:

jump rope: 100
j jacks: 40
push ups: 50
squats: 12

Then I did at least 3 more sets of jump rope after this. This week has been good. I'm disappointed that I didn't get my run in today. I'm one run short for this week. I'm thinking about forgetting about my rest day tomorrow and running in the morning. This so far I played basketball twice, did my jumping jack flash workout twice and ran twice for 6.63 miles.

Overall I'm happy with this week. Looking forward to another good week.

Oh and I have been wanting to incorporate some weight lifting into my workouts. I don't have a gym membership right now. Hoping to join 24hour fitness, there is a nice one very close to our house. We will see how this goes.

So 2 weeks down, 5 more to go till the end of our competition. I still have no idea how much i weigh. I keep on passing my scale and desperately want to know how much I weigh. But sticking to the rules.

Chuck

2 comments:

  1. My employer provides a 24 fitness membership for us. It is great to have a gym with equipment. However, I also have bowflex adjustable dumbbells and a bench at home and I can get a good workout at home too.

    The adjustable dumbbells are expensive, though. You can also get bands. Actually, they work out great too. I occasionally use them.

    You know the bands would compliment your jumping jack workouts well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Boomer, i just ready your post about seeing the DR. I hope things turn out the best for you and your knee. this is a some great information. I have looked into the company providing a membership, they don't. Maybe I can get some bands. So you are suggesting doing the jumping jacks with the bands on? I think I have done that before with some old Billy Blanks workouts, not a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete