Thursday, November 5, 2009

One of my best runs so far

I just finished a 4.02 mile run. Yes I have to put the .02 in there. It rained and it was pretty windy during the run. I have been pretty hesitant to run in the rain. But told myself today I was going to commit to running no matter what. I took a different route today and it worked out great. Until I was passed the halfway point. I looked up ahead and saw what seemed to be a pretty big hill. This was my first experience with a decent sized hill. I was a little nervous. Once I got to the hill it definitely was harder to keep my pace. I knew I was going to feel it in my calves later on. And I do. I kept on going, I think I walked about 10 steps the whole time and only stopped at cross walks. This was one of my best runs because its one of the longest that I have done in the recent months. And because I was able to finish it with the uncomfortable weather. I'm more confident that I can handle the rain wind and cold on future runs.

thanks for reading,
Chuck

4 comments:

  1. Hey, nice run. Last time I checked your runs you were doing a little over 2 miles. Excellent progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot guys! yeah that hill was tough, but glad I finished it. I have been making progress. I'm itching to run right now. My son is taking a nap, but man its been raining REALLY hard today. It does that in oregon. I'm thinking about signing up for an event maybe a 10k, something tangible to train for. talk to you guys later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea Chuck...it always helps me to have events to train for! I just found a 5 miler on Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete