Monday, November 23, 2009

Yesterday!

Yesterday I ran a total of 4.47 miles. This was done in two seperate runs. The first run was at 6:45 in the morning in a Forrest... I was up at a lodge during a Marriage retreat with my church. And one of my friends who is an athlete to say the least asked me if I brought running shoes. I told him yes. He wanted to go for a run, so I met him at 6:30am. We went outside and it was Freezing! Windy! and Raining! And it was pitch black, and this was supposed to be a nice stroll in the woods. We waited a little longer to see if the sun would start to shine. So 15 minutes later it was a "little" brigher and we went for it.

It was very cold, windy, and wet. Mid way through the first loop, my glasses started to fog up, so I was having a hard time seeing where my steps were going to be. The good thing is that he was leading and everytime he jumped over something, I knew what to TRY next. A couple times I slipped really bad, but luckily somehow I didn't totally crash and burn. We did 3.25 miles. It was rough, but afterwards once I was done. I realized that I had a great time. Then last night I went with another friend to play some basketball, and afterwards I did 1.22 miles on a treadmill.

It was a great weekend! Oh and I'm 5.32 miles behind my co-worker, I need to make a push soon! I wanted to run this morning, but I was just too tired.

Thanks for reading,
Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment