Tuesday, November 17, 2009

At gym at 6:00Am

So I had my Free Fitness Orientation with a trainer today. I was looking forward to it, to get some more information and perhaps some guidance on what exercises I should do. They took my weight and my body fat %. They said my body fat % is 20.2 which I was happy about. We have been taking it at work and I thought it was higher. Who knows its probably somewhere in between.

After that we did some warm up exercises. Then we started doing some core exercises on one of the huge exercise balls. Man I was dying! We did one where you had to go into a plank position with forearms on he ball and then move our shoulders in tiny circles. Then we did another one where I lay on my back and put my feet up on the ball. I had to bring my feet in and point my knees up to the sky! I thought I was going to die... After that we sat down and she tried to sell me a Trainer package. I declined. Too expensive. I didn't tell her that my wife used to be a Physical Trainer and actually worked at 24 hour fitness. But I got a good core workout. After that I ran 1 single mile, and did some chest press with dumb bells.

I would have liked to run more but didn't have enough time. My plan is to run 3 more times this week and try to pass my 16.99 miles from last week.

Chuck

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that is cool that you got to work with a trainer. Looks like you have more routines to add to your workouts. The core stuff is important. I used to think that the ball was baloney, however, I tried a few exercises on the ball and now it gets my respect. I actually went out and bought a ball. I use it mainly for core work.

    ReplyDelete