Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saturday Cross training

Today I did 11 minutes on the excercise bike, and 25 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Tomorrow I'm supposed to do a long run. but I'm thinking about waiting till monday to do a long run. Since Monday is the start of our new work fitness challenge. Also I'm thinking of doing 6 miles. I know Boomer you warned me to not over do it, but I have done 6 miles before. I don't know we will see how it goes.
Also during the competition, I have decided to not drink coffee and to cut chocolate out of my diet. Hoping to to drop some pounds.
talk to yall later.

Chuck

2 comments:

  1. Chuck, Boomer's advice is solid about running. The rule of thumb is to not add more than 10% a week. IE.. If last week you ran 20 miles, this week you can add 10% more or 22 miles. This is the best way to let yor body recover and not get injury.

    That being said I personally have ignored this rule and have been paying the price over the last month. And that price is pretty darn painful. Be careful and good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff, I will consider this rule. When I did the running challenge in Nov I didn't follow this rule at all. I was fine. I really want to win the challenge! I'm so competitive. Maybe theres another way I can get excercise in without it coming from running. We will see.

    ReplyDelete