Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hal asked for 3.0 miles

I got up early this morning. Ate a whole wheat bagel with butter and headed to the gym. I did 3.12 miles on the treadmill. It's been a whopping 21 days since I have ran 3.1 miles. Longer than I thought. The run felt a little rough, but overall I felt good about it.
Last night I was balancing on our workout ball, in a plank position. I lost my balance and fell off the ball. My wife laughed and said "Your core is weak."
She was right. So I have decided to work on my core more. How often should I do core workouts?

At work we are starting a new fitness challenge. We already have 8 people who have joined so far. What we are doing is a point system. We will earn the following;

1 point for every 1 hour of excercise
1 point for every lbs lost
1 point for every inch lost

I'm still hovering right around 195 lbs. I'm really happy with my weight. But I'm going to do the competition just to stay motivated and hopefully kick some butt. It's going to last 2 months at the most. We are starting on Jan 11th, 2010. I'm looking forward to it. Tomorrow I will run 2 miles according to Hal. I'm thinking about using my new running gear and go outside.

talk to you later,
Chuck

1 comment:

  1. When I was a weight lifting meat head, I used to concentrate on heavy bench presses. I actually won a bench press contest about 100 years ago when I was in the military. I don't lift like a meat head any longer. Instead, I prefer more athletic workouts like P90X (lifting lighter and doing more cardio). Anyway, my real point is that while I used to like doing chest workouts, I think that the core is the most important body part. I would recommend doing the core no less than 3 times a week. You can hit that body part more often than the rest.

    ReplyDelete