Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday 36:00 min run

I was supposed to do my Long run yesterday of 5 miles. Lets just say with a toddler and a 4 month old, I can't always do what I want. Thats the way its supposed to be. Today I knew I had to get some excercise in. So during lunch i took off to the gym. I hopped on the treadmill and ran as much as I could without going over my hour long lunch break. I ran for 36:20 minutes and was able to get in 4.12 miles. My average pace was 8:49 min mile. That's pretty darn good for me. I was a little bummed that I didn't have enough time to get the 5 miles in. But I'm not going to complain about it.

Gotta get up early and get to the gym. Going to do some elliptical and stationary bike.

Have a great night.
Chuck

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, life gets in the way! However, family is always first.

    Hey, that is a great time. I wish I could run fast. I am just not built for running. I can do it (when my knee holds up), but I just can't go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice run Chuck ... and great pace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boomer,
    yeah life can get in the way. yes family is first. Thanks, when i was younger I played a lot of basketball highschool. So I was sort of fast. But never really ran these types of distances. Well except when I was 16 finished the LA Marathon. I mentioned that before, halfway had to stop running and walked the rest.

    Jeff, Thanks. That means alot coming from a guy who killed the 5k in 20 minutes!!! Nice work on that.

    ReplyDelete