Monday, January 18, 2010

Back to the Grind

"Lance Armstrong spoke to me today."

I got up early after 5 this morning. Got to the gym and hopped on the treadmill for 3.5 miles. After this I got on the elliptical machine for 19 minutes. After this I took a little break then got on the stationary bike. I rode for 22 minutes. While I was riding, I looked up and saw Lance Armstrong. Well it was a huge mural picture of him. He had his arms opened wide. I guess to mean this whole world is mine. I imagined that he was speaking to me from the painting.

OK! lets real this back in. I had a great workout this morning. Then for lunch I went to another gym that is less than a mile from my office. I wanted to get some weight lifting in since I haven't done much all last week. So I did dumbbell press with 45's. I did 4 sets of 10. Then I did incline press with 25 on each side of the bar. Also did 4 sets of 10. After this I tried to do 10 push ups and I only was able to get 8 out, before I fell back to the ground. MUSCLE FAILURE.

After this I got on the elliptical for 7 minutes, to add to my minute total for our competition.

Also I wanted to do a quick outline of what I ate today. So that I can see it in front of my face and get your feedback.

Banana before morning workouts
a cornflake cereal with very low sugar w/ banana skim milk
2 cups of coffee
snack gala apple
lunch - 1 chicken breast, and serving of greenbeans
snack after lunch ANOTHER banana
snack at 4pm, 90 cal pack rice cake w/ mint chocolate
dinner: 1 pork chop, salad
after dinner of apple
I had probably 10 cups of water throughout the day

seems like a lot! oh well I felt good today.
Tomorrow 2 mile run, more elliptical and bike time. Also want to do some leg press and hamstring curl.

thanks for reading this,
Chuck

2 comments:

  1. Good balanced workouts today and your nutrition looks great! Btw, I like the muscle failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Boomer, glad you made it back safely from crazy Las Vegas. Thanks for the comment. I wasnt sure if I was eating too much or wrong foods. I felt really good on Monday. Im liking my workouts more and more.

    ReplyDelete