Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hal and I are going to become best of friends

I woke up early this morning. I was supposed to run 2 miles according to good ole Hal. I decided to run outside instead of on the treadmil. I left the house at 6:15, started my run. This was the first time that I have ran with an mp3 player (outside). It was a lot of fun! I knew I wanted to go a little over 2 miles but wasn't sure how much more. So I just kept running, and I ended up doing 4.05 miles. It was a great run, I felt really well after it.

On a side note, I went to the DR today to check some things out. All is well. But they came across my weight from 2006. It was 243, today it was 199lbs. The nurses response was funny. "Woah, you really have lost weight". That made my day.

Tomorrow I have 3 miles.

Chuck

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome about the Doc visit ... nothing like validation of your hard work.

    Last month I went to the doc's for a check up and the nurse was laughing at how low my resting heart rate was. It was clocking in at 42 bpm.

    My wife speaks about Hal Higdon like he is her favorite uncle or something. She tells me about his little anadotes and that him and his wife have date night every Friday. She is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on going over 4 miles.

    Btw, listen to Hal very carefully. I got ahead of the schedule from being over zealous and injured myself. I am such an idiot! Actually, you are much younger so you shouldn't break as easily as me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff,
    Thanks yeah I was pretty pumped at the Dr. visit. Hal must be doing something right, but he is still kicking.

    Boomer, yeah you are right. I'm going to stick to the plan. For the most part though I feel like I can run longer. I will keep sticking to the plan for now. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete