Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 4 - More Cardio

Today I tried to get up at 5am, it wasn't happening. But I was able to get out of bed at about 5:40. So I went to the gym and again did three different excercises.

I started on the treadmill, I did 16 minutes for 1.71 miles. Then I went to the elliptical for 24 minutes for little over 2 miles. Then hit the bike for 24 minutes for 6.10 miles.

I was dripping sweat while I was on the bike. I don't think I have sweated that much in a long time. It was good! I felt great afterwards! I think tomorrow I will take a rest day but still might play some basketball.

Next week I will be doing 14 miles according to Hal.

thanks for reading,
Chuck

6 comments:

  1. Looking good buddy! Good luck on cutting out coffee. I did it for 6 months and then my wife bought a new coffee maker and it smelled so good and anyways I am back to a morning cup everyday - oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff! Yeah man each day is getting better and better with the Coffee and workouts. I did fail my NO chocolate rule tonight. We had people over our house for bible talk. And my wife made chocolate cup cakes. I had 2. OH well. I'm not going to start eating a bunch of chocolate from now on. I know what you mean about the smell of coffee. Everytime I go to work, the first thing I smell is a new fresh pot of coffee. Jeff I was wondering what your body fat % is these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am between 9-10% with my BF% right now. Little thin for my liking but I feel wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 9-10% thats great. you might be a little thin, but I'm sure you feel great during your runs.. Last i checked mine was at 20% would like to get it lower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you are doing well with you mix of cardio. With all that running and cycling all you need is some swimming to make it a triathlon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boomer thanks! There you go again putting Crazy ideas in my head! It wasn't till you said that you could see me doing a marahon that I really started considering it. I have beeing thinking the same thing about adding the third ingredient for a triathlon. I think for now I'm going to just train for the races. But who knows..

    ReplyDelete