Thursday, October 22, 2009

3.1 mile run

I finished a 3.1 mile run today. I took Boomer's advice and ran at a slower pace. This worked out well I felt very good throughout the run. And I feel like it was a pretty good workout.
I tried the pledge of allegiance out loud and after a few words I couldn't remember the rest of it! I guess its been a while since I was reciting that. I then resorted to the ABC song since I'm so used to singing that to my son. If anybody heard me they most likely thought I was weird. The singing didn't last long, but my breathing and wind was much better.

Tomorrow is my jump rope, jump jack, push up workout. Saturday is another run. I'm thinking about running a little longer on Saturdays. We will see how it goes.

Later,
Chuck

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Chuck! Boomer is right about running at a slower pace. IT really helps at building a base and getting your body used to taking a beating. After a few months you will think you are still running at a slower pace but you will look down at your watch and notice you are actually moving pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff.Yeah I'm looking forward to those days where I can knock out 3 miles with ease! Thanks again for the comment.

    ReplyDelete