Friday, February 12, 2010

Mini Slump need help

So I'm getting into a small slump here. We finally finished our work fitness challenge. I tied for 3rd place. The last week of the competition, I got a little burned out. The last 4 days I have not worked out. Also my kids haven't been sleeping well, and my wife hasn't been feeling well. Thats just part of life.
So I find it really hard to wake up at 5am while my wife isn't feeling well and kids not sleeping well to say "OK honey, i'm off to the gym, have fun with the kids!"

But next week, I will jump back in it the best that I can. I have been thinking of different things that I can do to change up my workout routines. I was thinking of switching from cardio weeks to weight weeks. So run for a whole week, then the next week do no running at all but just lift for different body parts. Anyways, I definetly want a balanced workout. Also I think I'm ready to start some swimming training. I'm not at all going to bail out on the 9 mile race that is next month, or any of the other races that I decided to do this year.Anyways let me know what you guys think.

take care,
Chuck

2 comments:

  1. Find a training plan and stick to it. Higdon, McMillian, whatever. Keep it on a calendar. Lay your clothes out the night before and slip out of bed before the wife even wakes up.

    Keep it simple: Have a plan. Work the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, life happens. The family is the most important thing. You are doing the right thing. When things level out at home you will be able to better focus on your workouts.

    Jeff makes a good point about a training plan to keep you on track. Btw, have you looked into Tabata training. I have done a few and it is a great athletic workout. You can do both cardio and strength training.

    ReplyDelete