Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Run and Bike

Today I went to the gym. I took my 2.5 year old with me and signed up up for the day care. After making sure he was going to be ok I went straight to the treadmills. I did 2 miles. My growing area started to bother me. So I stopped at 2 miles. I stretched and then got on the bike. I rode for 20 minutes. Then I got back on the treadmill my goal was to do another 2 miles. I ended up doing 1.7 in little over 16 minutes. As soon as I got to 1.7 one of the gym employees told me that my son was having a hard time. So my workout was cut short for a litte but It's no big deal. I gotta take care of my son. Let's hope he can get used to this child care.

So this week I got in 8.7 miles. I was supposed to do 12 miles. Oh well another week that didn't turn out the way I wanted. Next week I'm up for 14 miles. We will see if I can complete a full week. Also tomorrow is Day 1 of Week 2 of 100 push up challenge.

thanks for reading this,
Chuck

2 comments:

  1. I am a dad (and grandfather) so I know, first hand, that you did the right thing. Nothing is more important than family, especially our children. The little things that dads do for their kids go a long way in their development. There are always more days to work out, but each day that passes with your child is gone forever. There are just too many dads out there that don't spend enough time with their children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boomer,
    thanks for the comment. I appreciate that! And by the way nice job on the 94 push ups! you are a machine.

    ReplyDelete