Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 1 is done!

Last night I did my long run of 6 miles. I went out pretty late at night. I left the house about 9:55pm. About mid way through the route It was so so dark. I started thinking this maybe wasn't my brightest ideas. I live in Oregon, and there are some very rural places near where I live. Farms with a bunch of land and no lighting. Anyways once I made it back to one of the main roads I was fine. I saw some pretty big frogs on the ground. The first one I saw was right under my foot. I jumped over it. The frog probably thought I was an idiot. Well if you haven't figured it out. I'm not really into um how to I put this... animals. Ok maybe thats a little harsh. I just didn't want to step on a frog. So the run was ok I finished in little over an hour. I haven't ran this far in a very long while. My legs are sore this morning, but I'm doing pretty good. Total I ran 15 miles since last Tuesday. This is what the training plan called for. So I have completed the first week! This week I will run 16 miles.

My diet hasn't been that great. I have just been eating whatever I want pretty much. But this is no way to eat while training for a marathon. I'm hoping to borrow the book "Born to Run" from a good friend of mine.

Also I want to do some weight training but to be honest I have just been too wiped out by the running. I'm hoping to start it up soon, once or twice a week.

thanks for reading,
Charles

1 comment:

  1. Wow, super run! Good to see you back into training. Last year I used to run at night. I put on some "blinky" lights for safety. Of course, that does help you see the road. Stepping on a frog doesn't sound pleasing.

    ReplyDelete